This savoury dessert is another great way to use up some leftovers. It's so easy, and you likely have all of the ingredients already on-hand. Make it unique and change up the seasonings (maybe pumpkin pie spice?), use coconut milk instead of cow's milk, add other fruit like sliced peaches, and eat it warm or cold. The biggest decision you'll have to make is: raisins or no?
MAKES 4 Servings | PREP TIME 20 Min. | TOTAL TIME 40 Min.
- 1 ½ cups cooked Lucky Iron Fish rice
- 2 cups milk (divided)
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup raisins
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine rice, salt and 1 ½ cups of milk over medium heat until thick and creamy, likely 15-20 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Add remaining ½ cup milk, sugar, egg and raisins, stirring constantly until the egg is set, around 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Serve warm, or chill for 3 hours and serve cold.