The simplest and easiest way to use your Lucky Iron Fish is to make your drinking water for the day.
As an alternative, you can combine your Iron Water with fruit juice high in Vitamin C, like orange juice. If you want to get really creative, you can simply add to the Fish to your boiling liquid or broth based meals like soups, stews, curries or sauces.
To make iron fortified water you will need:
- 1 Lucky Iron Fish
- 1 L of water
- 2-3 drops of acidity (citrus - lemon, lime, orange, or vinegar, tamarind etc.)
- Bring 1L of water to a rolling boil.
- Add 2-3 drops of acidity.
- Add Lucky Iron Fish and let it boil in the slightly acidic liquid for 10 minutes.
- Remove your Fish.
You can use the hot Iron Water immediately or you can let the water sit on counter or in the fridge for up to 2 days.
If you want to make more than 1L of water you can follow these steps:
- For 2L of water, add 4-6 drops of acidity and boil your Lucky Iron Fish for 20 minutes