The simplest and easiest way to use your Lucky Iron Fish is to "ironize" your drinking water for the day.
1L of Iron Water will release 6-8mg of natural & easily absorbable iron.
To make iron fortified water you will need:
- 1 Lucky Iron Fish
- 1 L of water
- 2-3 drops of acidity (citrus - lemon, lime, orange, or vinegar, tamarind etc.)
- Bring 1L of water to a rolling boil.
- Add 2-3 drops of acidity.
- Add Lucky Iron Fish and let it boil in the slightly acidic liquid for 10 minutes.
- Remove your Fish.
You can use the hot Iron Water immediately or you can store it on counter or in the fridge for up to 2 days.
You can also combine your Iron Water with fruit juices high in Vitamin C, like orange juice (lots of parents actually love doing this for their kids).
If you want to make more than 1L of water you can follow these steps:
- For 2L of water, add 4-6 drops of acidity and boil your Lucky Iron Fish for 20 minutes
If you want to get really creative, you can simply add to the Fish to your boiling liquid or broth based meals like soups, stews, curries or sauces. Visit our Recipes page for more iron-rich ideas and inspiration.