Pacific Cod Curry
This recipe takes a basic curry sauce and boosts it with healthy nutrients and wonderful flavour aromatics.
- 4 individual Organic Ocean pacific cod filets
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 tsp grated fresh turmeric (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 tsp garam masala blend
- 1 jar korma curry sauce
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 Lucky Iron Fish
- 1 Tbsp Fody Shallot-Infused Olive Oil
- Chopped fresh cilantro, to taste
- 4 rounds Ozery Bakery Sandwich Rounds
- Dice the cod filets into 1-inch pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add ONLY the coconut cream and cook for approximately 5 minutes (the cream will split and turn into coconut oil and caramelized coconut sugars).
- Add the ginger, turmeric and garam masala to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes (the kitchen should smell amazing at this point!).
- Add the korma curry sauce and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Finish the sauce with 3 Tbsp of the coconut cream and turn the pan to a low simmer.
- Add the diced cod to the curry sauce and stir to ensure it is well distributed.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, then gently stir one more time. Return the sauce to a simmer without stirring and cook for another 3 minutes (5 minutes total cooking time). At this point, the cod should be fully opaque and flake easily with a fork.
Chef tip: If using coconut milk, DO NOT SHAKE THE CAN! Open it carefully and you will find the cream floating on the top.
- To make a side of iron-infused basmati rice, prepare your Lucky Iron Fish Water: Boil 1 L of water along with your Lucky Iron Fish and 2-3 drops of citrus for 10 minutes.
- Remove your Lucky Iron Fish from the pot and wash/dry it immediately.
- Lower the heat and add the basmati rice. Cover and let cook for 15 minutes, then serve. For extra flavour, stir in a spoonful of Fody Shallot-Infused Olive Oil.
- Serve your curry on top of the basmati rice and top with cilantro to taste.
- Try some whole-grain Ozery Bakery Sandwich Rounds to dip into your curry!