Collection of your Information
What Information do we collect?
We collect and use several types of Information from and about you, including:
• Personal Information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP address, credit card and billing information.
• Non-identifiable Information, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Site feature.
• Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
• Non-personal details about your Site interactions, including the full URLs, clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How do we collect Information?
We only collect Information that we believe is reasonably necessary for a legitimate purpose, as further described below. We use different methods to collect your Information, including through:
• Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, such as when you place an order, ask to receive emails, or when you correspond with us through the Site, by email, phone, or otherwise.
• Automated technologies or interactions as you navigate our Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies or other tracking technologies.
• Third parties or publicly available sources, such as other users of the Site, our business partners, and unaffiliated third parties (such as advertising networks).
We may collect Information that you, or another, provides directly to us by filling in forms, and Non-identifiable Information that we collect from cookies or tracking software we utilize. In addition to Information collected while you use the Site, we may also collect Information in other ways such as over the phone, via email and through location tracking devices as further described below.
The choice to provide us with Personal Information is yours. In certain cases, your decision to withhold Information may limit the services that we can provide to you through the Site.
Use of your Information
i. to provide you with access to the Site;
ii. to provide you with information relating to our Site;
iii. to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
iv. to follow up on your comments and suggestions;
v. to fulfil the purposes for which you provided the Information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it;
vi. to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements;
vii. to notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
viii. to improve our Site, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences;
ix. to manage and develop our business systems and operations;
x. to monitor and conduct an analysis of our website traffic and usage patterns;
xi. to post customer testimonials, comments or reviews;
xii. to protect our rights and property; or
xiii. to lessen a serious threat to personal safety, health or security.
Disclosure of your Information
We reserve the right to share any Information collected from you with our affiliates, or to transfer such Information to a successor entity or to an entity which purchases substantially all of the assets of Lucky Iron Fish.
We sometimes contract with outside organizations to perform specialized services such as hosting the Site. Our suppliers may at times receive, process or handle some of your Information. Only the Information necessary to perform the services under the contract is given to the supplier. Under their contracts with us, our suppliers may use such Information only to carry out the contracted service and must not store or use the Information for any other purpose. Our contracts with suppliers require that they provide a level of protection for your Information that is comparable to our own.
We may also disclose your Information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
• To enforce or apply our Terms, Terms of Sale, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lucky Iron Fish, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may process, store, and transfer your Personal Information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your Personal Information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. To ensure that your Personal Information is secure, we have put in place commercially suitable procedures to safeguard the Information we collect against unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Nonetheless, transmission of information on the internet is not completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our Site, by email or otherwise and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Likewise, the storage of information is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data stored on our system and storage of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Our Site is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at the address provided below.
Updating your Information and Correcting Errors
It is important that the Personal Information be accurate and up-to-date. If any of your Personal Information changes, is inaccurate, or is incomplete, please inform us by contacting us at the address provided below so that we can make any necessary changes. By law, you have the right to access, verify, and amend all of your Personal Information that we hold about you.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the Personal Information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the Personal Information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your Personal Information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your Personal Information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Withdrawing your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your Personal Information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at the address provided below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
Contact: Customer Service